An Avocado Each Day
Avocados are an excellent source of protein, vitamins and healthy fats. Loaded with rich nutrients, like Vitamin K, Vitamin B and potassium, avocados are a great daily substitute to promote healthy eating. Need some more reasons for including this stone fruit into your diet? Here’s the top 5 reasons you shouldn’t think twice:
1. High nutrient value: Avocados contain 20 different vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin K, Folate, Vitamin C, Potassium, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin E.
2. Rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids: Although avocado is considered a high-fat food, these healthy fats help to reduce bad cholesterol and lower the risk of heart attack and stroke.
3. Aids in weight control: With a high amount of fiber, these fruits do a good job at curbing your hunger. Just by adding some avocado to a traditional meal, your body will be feeling fuller for longer than usual.
4. High in antioxidants: Antioxidants result in anti-inflammatory effects, boosted immune function, anti-aging effects, improved brain functionality and memory, and maintained eye health.
5. Easy to integrate into your diet.
We’ve got some easy ways to incorporate avocado into your daily meals without putting a dent in your wallet or meal prep time.
SPREAD AVOCADO ON YOUR MORNING TOAST.
There’s a reason this trendy fad isn’t going away, and we understand why. Avocado spread may be the next best thing to happen to us since sliced bread (don’t worry, because you need both for this to work). Add just a touch of seasoning or olive oil on top, and you’ll be healthy snacking in no time. Be sure to look up popular avocado toast recipes for some different spins on the timeless classic. Our favorite? Egg over easy for a more protein filling start to the morning.
TOSS AVOCADO SLICES INTO YOUR MID-MORNING SMOOTHIE.
Skip the dairy by adding some avocado slices into your morning smoothie for some extra creaminess. You’ll gain that rich flavor while adding heart-healthy fats, vitamins and fibers for a mid-morning snack or meal on the run. If you’re needing some extra flavoring added to your smoothie, go ahead and add some almond milk or honey and sweeten to taste.
TOP YOUR FRESH GREEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO SLICES.
Nothing healthier than a classic salad when you’re trying to lose weight, but when you’re trying to cut calories, you can easily fall into a routine that leaves you flavorless and unmotivated. Try adding a variety of different ingredients to your salad from time to time. We love adding apple slices, but when we’re feeling wild, Avocado slices are the way to go! Drizzle some dressing, and you won’t think twice about eating healthy.
MASH UP SOME GUACAMOLE.
Avocados are already rich in health benefits, but add in some tomatoes, cilantro and onion, and you’re really increasing your tasty ROI. Guacamole is a great addition to most dishes as well. Taco Tuesday need a pick me up? Guac might be your answer to a quick palette change, as well as a healthier body weight. For the ultimate guacamole bar, look no further. Laura Fuentes shows you how to prep that guac ahead of time using NatureSeal for Guacamole & Avocado.
KEEP AVOCADOS FROM BROWNING
Frustrated by the way avocados brown almost immediately? NatureSeal eliminates browning of guacamole for up 5 days after open when refrigerated and extends the shelf life fresh-cut sliced avocado for up to 10 hours refrigerated. Available on Amazon!